I just read a few articles and furnish you here a small summary of the most important facts. Surely, some of these are acquainted to you, but maybe there are also some new ones among the following ones.
- There will be special features for the next-gen consoles, announced and unannounced ones! Both shall serve the purpose of entertaining surprise.
- Ubisoft makes clear that AC IV: BF won’t be like the movie “Pirates of the Caribbean”. They oriented themselves by historical facts and want to reflect precisely the reality of these times and aim to correct the falsified image of pirates of gory, blood-minded, barbaric and merciless freebooter. The game will be based on intensive researches and not on Hollywood’s imaginations. Therefore it will offer an independent reflection of the pirates. [Here an impressive quote of Ubisoft’s Singapore-Senior Producer Hugues Ricour I considered worthy to be cited: “Pirates were no wild animals, which made their victims walk the Plank or threw them to the sharks. This maybe happened scattered, but in fact there was a codex prohibiting violence towards unarmed.”]
So, don’t expect demonized cliché pirates you might have seen in other movies. AC IV: BF will present truly heroic buccaneers.
- The pirates of these times had democratic ideas opposing to the subordinate mentality. A cited example of Hugues Ricour: A naval captain of a warship as allowed to earn 14 times more than the others. A pirates captain only 1,5 times more!
- Ubisoft will show the pirates in a much more likeable way.
- There are rumors about an improved water animation. And it is said to be even more realistic! The wind’s influence shall be more important! Therefore the player has to get a feeling for the sea for sailing and using the canons. Most exciting!
- About 50 different uncharted places
- His ship, the Jackdaw, will be like a second main-character. Both, the ship and Edward will be able to develop! Sounds most interesting!
- Similar to the previous games there will be some forts again.
- There is said to be many plantations in the need of new managers...
- Form taking a relaxing walk at sandy beaches, via climbing and exploring the jungles, through to glassing other ships on the horizon and entering them spontaneously (horizon-system): The open world will offer various experiences for everyone!
- New fighting system The feeling will be more authentic. The gamer has to acquire his targets on his own now, which increases the game feeling. But as an Assassin, Edward will of course also be able to assassinate on a stealthy way.
- Edward will be the most torn character so far. [Jean Guesdon]
Edit: And here is a www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmbffZ…
to an interview with the Game Director Ashraf Ismail. Most interesting!!
I hope these were some interesting news for you!